The National Council is a peak governance element within the National Seniors structure.
The National Council is established to provide a forum for the discussion of matters relevant to trends and strategic issues relating to the over 50s and the National Seniors Australia organisation.
It will also provide reflections and advice to the Board relevant to the continued development of the organisation which will include:
- emerging trends, that impact on the over 50s population,
- societal attitudes to the over 50s and the impact of these on the organisation,
- the role of National Seniors Australia in the context of societal and other trends,
- the nature and direction of the priorities of National Seniors Australia; and
- ensuring the structure of the organisation remains relevant to the needs of National Seniors Australia membership and the over 50s generally.
- Mr Christopher Guille – SA
- Ms Valerie Pratt – NSW
- Mr Darryl Wilson - QLD
- Ms Marcia Griffin - VIC
- Mr Ross Glossop - WA
- Ms Josephine Stevens - QLD
- Ms Noela L'Estrange - QLD
- Dr Marjorie Green – QLD
- Mr Peter Feeney – VIC/TAS
- Mr Graeme Piggott – WA
- Mr David Warner – QLD
- Mr Robert Firth – NSW/ACT
- Ms Mary Parsissons – TAS
- Mr Andrew Dunn – SA