As an independent, non-political organisation, National Seniors Australia advocates on issues of concern for seniors to achieve social change. We work to provide a well informed and representative voice to government, business and the community through evidence based policy, research and targeted advocacy campaigns.
Our CEO based in our Manuka offices is seeking a part time Executive Assistant to support him in his day to day operations. Our team is small in Canberra and you would be working autonomously on most days often liaising via phone to support the CEO and his busy and varied appointments.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Provide high level administrative services to the CEO and other staff including word processing
- Acting as the point of contact for the CEO, initiating action to ensure timely responses
- Provide general support to other staff
- Diary management, meeting organisation, travel arrangements and any hospitality requirements.
- Assist with reports and presentations
- Maintaining the current filing and database system, whilst looking for ways to improve current systems
- Receive and screen phone calls
- Compose and edit correspondence
- Implement and maintain systems and processes to ensure effective management of work flow to support the CEO.
Demonstrated ability to provide high level executive support including secretarial, keyboard and administrative services.
Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise workloads including the ability to adopt a flexible approach to handling day-to-day activities.
Well-developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively at all levels
Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion and sensitivity.
Capacity to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
Demonstrated ability to consistently display high quality customer service principles, practices and attributes.