Productive Ageing Forum
Healthy Living For Productive Ageing
Join us on Tuesday 24 June at the Village Roadshow Theatrette in the State Library of Victoria in Melbourne to listen to leading experts discuss latest research and healthy living tips for over 50s, including:
- Alzheimer’s Australia: Alzheimer’s disease prevention and support for carers
- Stroke Foundation: Stroke prevention
- beyondblue: Depression and anxiety in older people
- Institute of Sport, Exercise & Active Living, Victoria University: Physical activity for healthy living
- Heart Foundation: Healthy eating
- National Seniors Productive Ageing Centre: Health and employment
- Master of Ceremonies: Dr Gael Jennings, an award-winning science and medical journalist, presenter, speaker and academic.
Doors will open from 9:30am and the forum will run from 10am until 3:30pm
This event has sold out, but please check the website after the event for photos, notes and further information.
Program of Events
9:30am – Registration.
10:00am – Welcome with Dr Gael Jennings, Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Advanced Journalism, University of Melbourne and Michael O’Neill, Chief Executive of National Seniors Australia.
10:15am – Alzheimer’s Disease Prevention, Denise Wissmann, Senior Clinician from Alzheimer’s Australia Vic.
Stroke Prevention, Kevin English, StrokeSafe Ambassado from the Stroke Foundation.
11:15am – Morning tea
11:45am - Depression and Anxiety in Older People, Marie-Anne Schull, Older Adults Project Manager from beyondblue.
Alzheimer’s Disease: Support for Carers, Denise Wissmann, Senior Clinician from Alzheimer’s Australia Vic.
12:45pm – Lunch.
1:30pm – Physical Activity for Healthy Living, Dr Jannique van Uffelen, Senior Research Fellow at the Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living at Victoria University.
Healthy Eating for the Heart, Beth Scholes, Nutrition Advisor from Heart Foundation.
2:30pm – Break
2:45pm – Health and Employment, Dr Tim Adair, Director of National Seniors Productive Ageing Centre
3:15pm - Close