Productive Ageing Forum
Join us on Tuesday 23 June to hear leading experts provide information about planning for a successful retirement including:
- Leadership Victoria on skilled volunteering opportunities
- University of New South Wales on why some people plan for retirement and others don't
- Seniors Law on legal issues associated with ageing
- Municipal Association of Victoria on community services to support living at home
- Melbourne School of Design on architectural aspects of designing your home to support ageing.
9.30am - Registration.
10.30am - Welcome with Dr Jan Davies and Michael O'Neill, National Seniors Australia Chief Executive.
10.45am - Community leadership through the not-for-profit board table, Sofie Anselmi, Manager Leadership Impact from Leadership Victoria.
11.15am - Break.
11.45am - Is it just a matter of time? Why some people plan for retirement and others do not, Dr Joanne Earl, Senior Lecturer from University of New South Wales.
Legal issues associated with ageing, Deborah Di Natalie, Director of Legal Services from Justice Connect Seniors Law.
12.45pm - Lunch.
1.30pm - Ageing and remaining at home: financial issues and government services, Bill Burn from Financial Information Service, Department of Human Services.
All about the community services to support living at home, Derryn Wilson, Policy Officer from Municipal Association of Victoria.
Design for an ageing population: creating buildings and places that meet the needs of an ageing society, Professor Alan Pert, Director Melbourne School of Design, University of Melbourne.
3.00pm - Close.