Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 2cm lengths
- 200g green beans, blanched and cut into 2cm lengths
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g spaghetti
- Optional: 1 x 150g ball buffalo mozzarella or fresh ricotta
- 1 tablespoon crushed pistachios
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep frying pan and cook the onion until softened and translucent.
- Add the chilli, broccolini and green beans, and stir until the beans are slightly softened.
- Add the spring onion and pesto, then stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, boil the spaghetti in salted water and cook until al dente, then drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss through, adding some of the reserved cooking water if needed (you want this to be quite runny and not too dry).
- Divide between four pasta bowls and add a few slices of buffalo mozzarella or dollops of ricotta (if using), drizzle with olive oil, season with pepper, then sprinkle with the pistachios and serve.