The Northern Territory is reviewing its Seniors Recognition Scheme (SRS), which offers eligible citizens $500 a year to help with utility and travel costs.
And there’s an opportunity for senior Territorians to contribute their views.
National Seniors Australia is on the Government Ministerial Advisory Council and we’re inviting you to help improve the scheme.
Some ideas include boosting concessions for:
- alternative energy sources (such as gas, wood and solar)
- accessing water through alternative means to town water, e.g. bores and water haulage
- telecommunications costs.
We’re looking for your views on how best to:
- identify the types of alternative energy, water and telecommunications services that could be included under the SRS
- identify the businesses that currently provide these services
- collate and provide analysis and advice on future options for enhancement
- provide advice on data relating to the SRS.
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you in contact with our NT Policy Advisory Group.