The easiest way to claim a payment like the Age Pension is online. When you claim, Services Australia will pre-fill some answers if the department already has your information. Learn how to claim the Age Pension.
You can apply for a card such as the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card online. This card can get you:
- cheaper medicine under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
- bulk billed doctor visits; however, this is up to your doctor
- a bigger refund for medical costs when you reach the Medicare Safety Net.
Learn how to claim a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
Be Connected is an Australian Government website helping older Australians to build their online skills and confidence. It offers a range of courses such as how to:
- get started with your device or go online
- stay safe online and avoid scams
- make video calls to connect with your loved ones and community.
You can also find out how to:
- shop online
- research family history
- see the wonders of the world through Google Earth
- start a blog.
Go to the Be Connected topic library. The library has guides in other languages.
National Seniors partners with the Be Connected service, providing learning opportunities for seniors to better search the internet and use digital devices. You can find out more and register your interest here.