1. Information on how to enter the promotion and prize form part of these terms and conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promotion commences at 12.00 am on 1 September 2017 and closes at 11.59 pm on 30 November 2017 (“promotion period”). All references to times recorded in these terms and conditions in local Brisbane (Queensland) time. The promoter is National Seniors Australia (ABN 89 050 523 003) of Level 18, 215 Adelaide Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000, telephone number 1300 76 50 50 (“promoter”).
3. Entry into the promotion is open to Australian residents who:
- Purchase a new Allianz motor, home, landlord or caravan insurance policy or
- Renew an existing Allianz motor, home, landlord or caravan insurance policy or
- Purchase a new Cerberus travel insurance policy or
- Purchase a new holiday with us.
Customers with a current motor, home, landlord, caravan or travel insurance insurance policy or a current travel booking will automatically go in the draw. Insurance products must be purchased with National Seniors Insurance and travel bookings must be made with National Seniors Travel.
National Seniors Australia employees (and their immediate families) are ineligible to enter. The eligible product will be deemed purchased or renewed when the promoter receives a deposit/full payment of a holiday, annual insurance policy premium or the first instalment of the insurance policy premium if paying by the month. For the entry to be valid, the eligible insurance policy must not be lapsed or cancelled at the time the prizes are drawn. An eligible customer shall receive one (1) entry into the draw for each eligible policy or holiday purchased by them during the promotion period.
4. The promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant (including identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who has breached these terms and conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in unlawful or improper misconduct to jeopardise fair conduct of this promotion. Any contact details provided incorrectly over the telephone or online may be deemed by the promoter as an invalid entry. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the promoter’s discretion. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
5. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an eligible customer, the promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the eligible customer.
6. There will be 1 prize awarded in this promotion, including a 13 night New Zealand Cruise from Melbourne in a twin/queen balcony stateroom on board the Golden Princess departing 8 November 2018 supplied by Princess Cruises and airfares for two people supplied by National Seniors Australia (“suppliers”) up to the value of AUD $7,498 (“prize”). The prize includes accommodation in a Balcony stateroom, main meals on board (excluding restaurants with an additional cover charge), entertainment, daily activities and any government/departure taxes. By taking this prize you agree to and accept these terms and conditions, and Princess Cruises booking and passage conditions detailed in the Princess Cruises 2017-2019 Cruising from Australia & Asia brochure, Issued June 2017. The total value of the cruise is AUD $5,998. The total value of the airfares for two people is up to AUD $1,500. Flights are subject to an airline of National Seniors Travel’s choice. Flights are subject to availability and schedules.
7. The prize must be taken on 8 November 2018 (“the redemption date”). The prize is only valid for this time and cannot be changed. If for any reason the winner does not take part of the prize at the time specified by the suppliers, then it will be considered forfeited and no compensation will be awarded. To redeem the prize, the prize winner must travel and cannot sell, transfer or give away any part of the prize, and cannot redeem it for cash. Prizes cannot be substituted and cannot be combined with other promotional offers. Both the winner and their guest must be over 18 years of age at the commencement of the selected cruise.
8. The prize winner and travel companion are responsible for ensuring they can safely participate in the prize. If the winner and/or travel companion require any assistance to safely participate in the prize, please advise National Seniors at the time of prize confirmation and they will advise Princess Cruises. The prize winner (and travel companion) are responsible for all other expenses and documentation (unless specified) where applicable, including: spending money, additional meals at specialty restaurants, beverages, shore tours transfers, laundry charges, extra activities, incidentals, gratuities, charges to use facilities, in-room charges, passports, visas, vaccinations, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. A credit card imprint or cash deposit will be required from the winner and/or travel companion at check-in before boarding the ship. The suppliers make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
9. If the prize is unavailable for any reason, the suppliers reserve the right to substitute the prize (or part of) to the same or a similar prize of equal or greater value, subject to consumer laws and the relevant prize winner will be notified accordingly. The suppliers accept no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the redemption date.
10. The winner agrees he/she will sign a legal release if deemed necessary by the suppliers. The suppliers reserve the right to refuse travel to a winner and/or travel companion where the suppliers receive notification from authorities, or form a reasonable view, that the winner and/or travel companion present a risk to themselves or other passengers. The suppliers reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the prize subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority if required due to interference of any external factor which prevents or significantly hinders the ability to provide the prize as described in these terms and conditions. This may include but is not limited to vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, civil unrest, strike, war or act of terrorism.
11. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and travel companion) must sign any legal documentation in the form required by Princess Cruises or National Seniors Australia. By accepting this prize the winner may also be required to take part in further promotional activities.
12. A draw from all entries received during the promotion period will be conducted at 11am on 4 December 2017 at National Seniors Australia, Level 18, 215 Adelaide Street Brisbane QLD 4000. The prize winner will be electronically selected at random from a computer-generated listing of entries received during the promotion period. The first valid entry drawn will be the winner and will receive a prize.
13. The winner will be notified in writing and by telephone of their win and the way in which they may claim their prize by 8 December 2017. The name of the prize winner will also be published online at nationalseniors.com.au/be-rewarded/competitions/winners-list. The promoter takes no responsibility if the details provided by the prize winners are incorrect or if the prize winner cannot be contacted.
14. The prize will be redeemed by confirming cruise details and airfares through National Seniors Travel. The winner will be contacted directly by the team to confirm the full details of prize redemption.
15. If the winner forfeits the prize or the prize remains unclaimed by 5pm on 4 March 2018, the promoter will conduct a redraw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority, following the same procedure as the original draw. The redraw may take place at 11.00 am on 5 March 2018, at the same place as the original draw. The prize winners, if any, from any redraw will be notified of their win and the way in which they may claim their prize in writing and by telephone by 9 March 2018 and their name will be published online at nationalseniors.com.au/be-rewarded/competitions/winners-list. If this redrawn prize winner is not eligible, the promoter will conduct a redraw until the prize is awarded (subject to any further regulatory directions). If a prize winner fails to claim their prize by the date reasonably specified to them by the promoter, the prize winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize.
16. Eligible customers consent to the promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the promoter.
17. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any eligible customer; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
18. To the fullest extent permissible by law, each entrant in the promotion and the winner of the prize release the promoter and suppliers from any claim, loss, damage, expense (including any claim for legal expenses), cost or charge sustained or in any way incurred by them in connection with the prize or their participation in the promotion. The promoter, its related bodies corporate, officers, employees and agents as well as prize suppliers will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect, consequential or economic loss) suffered or sustained by an entrant or the prize winner in connection with this promotion, the promotion of this promotion, or the use of or participation in any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Further, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the promoter excludes liability for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any unauthorised intervention, or any combination thereof, including any non-delivery or corruption of entries to the promoter, injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials related to this promotion. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter into the draw repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
19. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
20. Privacy notice: Entry is conditional on providing the requested personal information. By entering this promotion, eligible customers consent to the retention, use and disclosure of eligible customers’ personal information by the promoter/suppliers in the following ways:
- for the purposes of conducting the promotion and any matter connected to it;
- if the eligible customer is a prize winner in this promotion, for publicity purposes in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration, compensation or prior notice to the eligible customer;
Authorised under NSW Permit No: LTPS/17/16988, ACT Permit No: TP 17/01547, SA Permit No: T17/1461.